If you need food, come in and see us and we'll figure it out together. All people - clients and volunteers – are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner. Part of our mission is to treat each other with dignity and respect.
To Be Eligible for ongoing services, clients should:
- Live in Langlade County or the Unified School District of Antigo
- Verify the address of everyone in the household, such as utility bill or rent receipt, or for children, vaccination records or report cards.
- Provide proof of identity every visit
Location & Contact information
2120 Progress Blvd - Antigo, WI 54409
Facebook: Antigo Area Community Food Pantry
When you come to get food
- Bring your own bags! There is no guarantee bags will be here for you to use.
- Park on the south side of lot, facing north/south and be aware of other drivers and cars. Handicapped parking is on the west end of lot near the entrance ramp.
- Take only what you can use – use the food you take!
Open Hours for Food Distribution Wednesday: 11:00am – 1:00pm Friday: 1:00 – 3:00 pm
(Closed some holidays and snow days – check voice mail and/or facebook page for updates.)
- You may chose food every 14 days.
- A household is generally considered to be all the people living at one address sharing food and finances/money.
Where does the food come from?
Each week, between 2,500 and 3,000 pounds of food is donated by individuals, organizations, and/or local businesses. Most of our produce and bakery comes this way. We also get monthly food donations from the federal The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP). An additional $3,500-4,000 of food is purchased monthly through the Feeding America program or through local vendors. We also get food and money from a variety of local food drives and events.
What is a MyPlate Pantry?
Our MyPlate nutritional policy is a healthy model that showcases the five main food groups as presented on a plate. MyPlate encourages people to eat healthy foods by choosing the right types and amounts of foods to eat. Our goal is to assure that vulnerable children, families and seniors who rely on food from our Pantry receive nutritious foods.